Webmaster Position description
Assistant Webmaster is an appointed (non-elected) cabinet leadership position. The Webmaster is responsible for maintaining the troop web site.
Work under the supervision of the adult webmaster to:
- Keep the troop web site content up to date with information needed by the troop.
- Maintain the troop distribution lists.
- Manage user access to the troop site.
- Make sure that information posted on the website is correct and that members’ and leaders’ privacy is protected.
- Work with the Troop Historian to publish stories regarding the troop outings and activities to the web site. Publish at least three stories.
- Post Troop photos for at least one event per month to the troop website.
- Work with the Troop Librarian to keep the online Troop Library records accurate.
- Provide at least one News Story per month.
- Ensures the Web site is as youth-run as possible.
- Sets a good example to all other scouts.
- Enthusiastically and correctly wears the Scout uniform.
- Live your life by the Scout Oath and Law.
- Shows Scout spirit at all times in your everyday life
Successful Completion of the Requirements
- Maintains 75% attendance to troop meetings and scheduled events, including weekly meetings and troop outings
- Annual Review by Scoutmaster for Scout spirit, Oath, and Law assessment.
- Serving as Webmaster can apply towards positions of responsibility requirements for Star, Life, and Eagle.