Scribe Position description
The Scribe keeps the troop records. He records the activities of the patrol leaders’ council and keeps a record of dues, advancement, and Scout attendance at troop meetings. He attends the patrol leaders’ council but generally is not a voting member.
- Attends and keeps a log of patrol leaders’ council meetings
- Records individual Scout attendance
- Records individual Scout advancement progress.
- Works with the troop committee member responsible for records and finance.
- Sets a good example.
- Enthusiastically and correctly wears the Scout uniform (all four parts).
- Lives by the Scout Oath and Law.
- Shows Scout spirit
Successful Completion of the Requirements
- Maintains 75% attendance to troop meetings and scheduled events, including weekly meetings, PLC, and troop outings
- Attends and keeps a log of patrol leaders’ council meetings, posts meeting notes to webmaster within 14 days – 90% completion with support of ASPL
- Records individual Scout attendance – 90% completion with support of ASPL
- Completes 4 review meetings with Adult Advancement Coordinator while Scribe – before, during, or after scheduled troop events
- Annual Review by Scoutmaster for Scout spirit, Oath, & Law assessment