Troop Librarian Position description
Troop Librarian is an appointed (non-elected) cabinet leadership position. The Troop Librarian is responsible for maintaining the troop library.
- Sets up and takes care of the Troop library
- Keeps records of books and pamphlets owned by the Troop
- Adds new or replacement items as needed
- Have literature available for borrowing at Troop meetings
- Keeps a system to check books and pamphlets in and out; and Follow up on late returns
- Sets a good example.
- Enthusiastically and correctly wears the Scout uniform (all four parts).
- Lives by the Scout Oath and Law.
- Shows Scout spirit
Successful Completion of the Requirements
- Maintains 75% attendance to troop meetings and scheduled events, including weekly meetings and troop outings
- Annual Review by Scoutmaster for Scout spirit, Oath, and Law assessment.
- Serving as Troop Librarian can apply towards positions of responsibility requirements for Star, Life, and Eagle.
- There is no minimum rank for this position.