The Senior Patrol Leader is elected by the Scouts (as ASPL) to represent them as the top junior leader in the Troop. The SPL:
- Runs all Troop meetings, events, activities and the annual program planning conference;
- Chairs the Patrol Leader Council (PLC) and runs the meetings;
- Appoints other Troop youth leaders with the advice and counsel of the Scoutmaster;
- Assigns duties and responsibilities to other youth leaders and Scouts; and
- Assists the Scoutmaster with Junior Leader Training.
Minimum rank: Star