Bugler Position description
The Bugler makes appropriate bugle calls, as requested, at troop activities.
- The Bugler makes appropriate bugle calls, as requested, at troop activities.
- Is available to SPL/ASPL for morning and evening calls
- Provide troop training on bugle call recognition at the request of the ASPL
- Sets a good example.
- Enthusiastically and correctly wears the Scout uniform (all four parts).
- Lives by the Scout Oath and Law.
- Shows Scout spirit
Successful Completion of the Requirements
- Maintains 75% attendance to troop meetings and scheduled events, including weekly meetings and troop outings
- Provides clear recognizable bugle calls – as determined by the Scoutmaster
- Bugle call training results in 90% correct recognition of bugle calls by the trained scouts in the troop
- Annual Review by Scoutmaster for Scout spirit, Oath, and Law assessment.
- Serving as Bugler can apply towards positions of responsibility requirements for Star and Life, but not Eagle.
- The Bugler plays a trumpet instead of a bugle.