Order of the Arrow Troop Representative
Order of the Arrow Representative:
- Must be a registered member of the Order of the Arrow in good standing with both the Lodge and/or Chapter and the unit.
- Appointed by the Senior Patrol Leader
- Reports to the Assistant Senior Patrol Leader
- Is mentored by the adult troop OA advisor
- Serves as a communication link between the lodge or chapter and the troop
- Attends at least 50% of Chapter monthly meetings and at least one ordeal weekend
- Encourages year round and resident camping in the unit.
- Encourages older Scout participation in high adventure programs.
- Encourages Scouts to actively participate in community service projects.
- Assists with leadership skills training in the unit.
- Encourages Arrowmen to assume leadership positions in the unit.
- Encourages Arrowmen in the unit to be active participants in the lodge and/or chapter activities and to seal their membership in the Order by becoming Brotherhood members.
- Regularly attends troop meetings, troop campouts, and troop/team events during his service period.
- Sets a good example.
- Enthusiastically and correctly wears the scout uniform.
- Lives by the Scout Oath and Law and the OA Obligation.
- Shows Scout spirit.