Last year, Scottie Meyer and I took scouts to the NC State University for a fabulous Merit Badge College. The merit badges are scientifically and environmentally oriented, the instruction is by professors and graduate students and is first class and the lads loved it! Well, we plan to go again (well, I know that at least Scottie and I will be going!)
The merit badges on offer are:
- Composite Material
- Animal Science /Veterinary Science ($23)
- Robotics / Electronics ($23)
- Pulp and Paper
- Space Exploration
- Plant Science
- Soil and Water Conservation
- Environmental Science
- Fish and Wildlife Mgmt
We will not be taking the bus, but we will take the Suburban and we will take another car so there is room for up to 11 scouts traveling with the two leaders. If you can drive there of back, please indicate in your reply.
To participate, here is what you need to do by no later than Saturday 3/14/15 at 9:26:54 am. Space is likely to be limited and we will register scouts in date and time sequence so please book early to avoid disappointment.
1. Review the attached flier and availability/interest with your scout.
2. If he wants to attend, please Fill in the form below. PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL DIRECTLY!
By responding you will be committing to pay the troop the following:
- $18 for a single MB program
- $23 for a double MB program
- $9 for an adult staying for lunch
Note again: responses through the web site by the deadline. Registrations are done at midnight on 3/16 and we will tell you what you got and how much is due. We will collect the checks at troop night on 3/18
Details on logistics will be shared nearer the time.
Yours in Scouting
Assistant Scoutmaster, Troop 39
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]