Battle Park Service Project
Geocaching Patrol Competition
and First Camping Trip Commemoration Supper
Saturday, October 22nd.
- 8:45 am: assemble at base of Forest Theatre on S. Boundary St for troop service project in Battle Park
- Noon-1:30 pm: lunch provided for all volunteers who worked on morning service project
- 1:30 pm-4:00 pm: Patrol geocaching patrol competition across UNC campus (hint- there will be prizes)
- 4:00 pm-6:30 pm: pig and chicken picking/covered dish supper for all troop members and families, brief discussion of Battle Park significance and link with Troop 39, commemoration ceremony
- Clean up and leave by 6:45 pm.
What to bring:
- a pair of leather work gloves for working on trails in Battle Park
- a shovel or steel garden rake (make sure to write your name on your tools)
- water bottle
What to wear:
- Wear rough clothes for the service project. The patrol competition will be Class B. Class A will be needed for the pig pickin.
- Bring a jacket or sweat shirt in case weather is cool
Patrol Leaders: Call, text or email Mr. Benton (868-8742 or email@example.com) by Sunday night, October 16 at 7 pm confirming the names of all your patrol members who will be attending.
Pig Pickin’ and Chicken Cookin’
Prepared by Troop Grillmaster Glenn Benton
Troop 39 Battle Park Service Project and Scavenger Hunt
Troop 39’s First Camping Trip 100 years ago in Battle Park
Saturday, October 22, 2011
4 pm to 6 pm
Forest Theater UNC Campus*
- Eagle Patrol: Dessert
- Manatee Patrol: Dessert
- Bear Patrol: Vegetable dish, Fruit or Salad
- Antelope Patrol: Vegetable dish, Fruit or Salad
- Senior Patrol: Vegetable dish, Fruit or Salad
Please bring enough to serve 10 people with serving utensils for your dish
Paper products, condiments beverages and bread will be provided
Scouts should plan to help with cleanup after the event at 6pm
*From downtown Chapel Hill/Franklin St: Take Columbia St. into Campus. Turn left onto Cameron Avenue. After crossing Raleigh Road, Cameron Avenue splits into S. Boundary Street and Country Club Road; the Forest Theatre is on the land between the two roads.
Please call Ruth Proctor, 942-6522 (home), 819-3222(cell) if you have questions
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.