This is a recipe I came across in Readers Digest (UK Version) courtesy of Nigella Lawson. She called it “Polla Alla Cacciatora” meaning “chicken cooked the hunter’s way”.
- 1 tablespoon garlic oil
- 1/2 cup pancetta cubes
- 6 scallions, finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 pound chicken thigh fillets, each cut into 4 pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 (14-ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 (14-ounce) can cannellini beans, optional
- Put the garlic oil into a pan with the pancetta, sliced scallions and chopped rosemary and fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add the bite-sized chicken pieces, stirring well, and sprinkle in the celery salt.
- Pour in the wine and let it come to a bubble before adding the tomatoes, bay leaves and sugar. Put the lid on and let the pan simmer for 20 minutes.
- Drain and add a tin of cannellini beans and when they have warmed through too, you are ready to eat.
2 Responses to “Hunter’s Chicken”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.