The troop will be celebrating its centenary in 2011 and 2012.
Exciting plans are taking shape for the Troop’s centenary celebration including:
- An event at the location where the troop first camped out in 1911 – which was probably the very first Boy Scout camp in the state of North Carolina.
- A Gala dinner.
- A service of celebration at the University United Methodist Church.
- An historic exhibition of Troop artifacts and memorabilia.A
- An Eagle Scout Court of Honor.
- Troop centennial merchandise.
- Troop Origins
- Scoutmasters of Troop 39
- Eagle Scout Alumni - coming soon
- Troop Outings and Activities
More details will be forthcoming as these plans take shape. Please come back and don’t forget to join the Google email group.